Contributoria knows that you take your privacy seriously. We are committed to giving you transparency of our privacy practices and control over your data in connection with Contributoria’s Service (as defined in Contributoria’s Terms of Service).
The Service is not available to individuals who are younger than 13 years old.
Please follow the links below for further information.
- What personal information we collect.
- How the information is shared.
- Some of the features of Contributoria.
- Information share with business partners.
- Cookies and other identifiers.
- How to delete an account.
- About us.
- Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Service or provide to us in any other way. The types of Information collected may include your name, email address, phone number, Twitter and/or Facebook usernames, use information regarding your use of our Service, and browser information. The Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Service, improving the content of the Service, customizing the content you see, sharing the Service through social media platforms, and communicating with you about specials and new features. We may also draw upon this Information in order to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new tools for the community.
- Information Collected Automatically: When you use the Service, Contributoria automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested. We may provide aggregate information to our partners such as a Sponsor about how our customers, collectively, use our site, so that our partners may also understand the activity happening on our web site and the benefits of partnering with Contributoria.
Information about our users is an integral part of our business. Contributoria may share your Personal Information only as described below. The default user settings for all data about you that is visible to others is editable on your User Profile Page.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Our agents do not have any right to use personal data we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us, and they provide a comparable level of protection for your Personal Information.
- Information Shared with Everyone: One of the primary reasons people use Contributoria is to share content with others. Information such as your name and photo, your bio, activities you contribute and the articles you submit is shared by default with the Contributoria community.
Contributoria service may allow you to share your information with others. For each of these features, the information available publicly, our default user settings, and how to alter the default settings, is available on the FAQ. Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using certain features of the Service, that information may be available to the wider Contributoria community. It may be published on the Contributoria.com website, which is subject to indexing by third party search engines.
- Inviting others to join Contributoria
- Writing articles
- Collaborating on articles
- Posting Photos and Videos
- Posting Comments and Updates
- Recommending and/or allocating Points
- Sharing through Social Media
- Our Partners: In addition to the data sharing described above, we enter into relationships with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses sell items or provide promotions to you through Contributoria’s Service. In other situations, Contributoria provides services, or sells products jointly with these businesses. You can easily recognize when one of these businesses is associated with your transaction, and we will share your personal data that is related to such transactions with that business.
- Protection of Contributoria and Others: We may release personal data when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law, including laws outside your country of residence; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Contributoria, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations (including outside of your country of residence) for fraud protection.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. Please read our Cookies policy.
Your Contributoria account: Personal data is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Contributoria endeavours to safeguard user information to ensure that user account information is kept private.
We may in some cases use third parties to assist us in operating the site and to conduct some processing of your information on our behalf but this is always subject to strict contractual control. These third parties may be located outside the EEA.
Contributoria allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information and ensuring that it is accurate and complete. You can access this information on the Contributoria website by visiting the user settings page. This list will change as our Service changes.
- Email address
- Display name
- Author bio
- Profile picture
Should you ever decide to delete your Contributoria account, you may do so by contacting us (soon you'll be able to do this from your settings page). If you terminate your account, your profile, including your activity and content, will be removed from the site and deleted from Contributoria’s servers. Because of the way we maintain Contributoria, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your profile information or posts may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days.
Even after you remove information from your account or profile, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users. Removed and deleted information may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days prior to being deleted from our servers.
Contributoria’s registered office is at PO Box 68164, Kings Place, York Way, London, N1P 2AP. Contributoria Limited has notified the Information Commissioner’s Office of the ways in which we process personal data.
If you think we have not have resolved a complaint to your satisfaction, you may forward your complaint to the Information Commissioner for investigation. For more information on the Information Commissioner, and how to make a complaint, please visit their website at www.ico.gov.uk.